10 Codes of Conduct for Successful Partnerships
One of the biggest questions I got about creating trial partnerships was:
"What do you do when a partnership doesn’t work out?"
I will be sharing some pretty cool ideas I’ve discovered through several of my partnerships to help answer this over the next few weeks. For today, I wanted to share something I keep up on my wall and look at everyday:
- I will communicate with the other members with honesty and integrity, and accept responsibility to create a safe and trustworthy partnership that honors our deepest values while making a positive impact in the world.
- I assume full and complete responsibility for my behaviors and actions and give the other members responsibility for theirs.
- I will, as a conscious decision, choose patience over impatience, compassion over judgment, flexibility over rigidity, letting go over needing to control, gratitude over complaining, and unfailing optimism over doubt.
- I will, as needed from time to time, find the courage and strength I need to deal with any challenges our partnership and the other parts of my life bring our way.
- I will care for myself physically, emotionally, and spiritually, so that I have adequate reserves in place to contribute to our partnership as I have promised.
- I will focus on having fun as a way of being, so that we have an enjoyable and fun partnership.
- I will let other members know using a phone or face to face meeting when I am upset, troubled, or angry so that we can work together to stay in harmony.
- I promise to work through and resolve any conflicts that come up in a manner that creates a resolution we can all be happy with.
- I will tolerate and accept our differences with the goal of learning to celebrate our diversity.
- I will, when the time is right, end this partnership respectfully and with grace, respecting other member’s contributions and appreciating everything we’ve been able to achieve together.
I hope that you are finding ways to adapt to all the changes in the commercial real estate marketplace and that you find these tips helpful to your business.
If you would like to listen to more profit building tips like this make sure to get our
"Flip Guys" podcast. It’s all helpful ideas with NO COMMERCIALS.
To get this each week just go to iTunes and search for "Flip Guys".
Mentor Financial Group